Help for Lawyers
Look both ways
Fresh outcomes-focused approach
Offering alternatives going forward
Here to Help
SMM Help for Lawyers provides advice, guidance and support intended for those who are responsible and personally liable for the effective management of small and medium-sized UK law firms.
No business in today’s economy is immune from ever-changing and evolving markets which gives rise to many challenges and complex, interlinked business issues which hold competing priorities.
SMM Help for Lawyers can assist with initiatives aimed at improving business performance and optimising opportunities with regard to:
- orderly closure of law firms to ensure compliance with SRA regulations, legislation and duties to the profession, whilst safeguarding client interests, business sensitivities and creditor interests
- operating/re-branding/re-structuring a law firm
- creating business development opportunities
- introduction of cash-flow initiatives proven to reduce lock-up and increase profitability
- business succession planning
- ethical transfer of business (whole and in part)
- implementing controls to reduce stakeholders’ exposure to risk and liability
- pre-packaging and marketing law firm for sale
- orderly closure of a law firm
- unlocking complex assets to realise maximum returns e.g. asset release associated with WIP, Wills Banks, Data base, and Debtors
- establishing a quality network of individuals and organisations operating both within and outside the legal profession and creating investment opportunities
SMM Help for Lawyers focuses on the individual needs of each of its clients and seeks to establish long term working relationships with them by providing timely, cost-effective and practical business support.
With sharp focus on business issues faced by those operating in the UK legal services market, SMM Help for Lawyers offers a fresh outcomes-focussed holistic approach to addressing both day-to-day operational and strategic planning challenges. SMM Help for Lawyers holds empirical knowledge and practical experience in all areas of professional practice.
With services suitable for:
• Partners/members/directors/sole trader lawyers and other professionals who hold a shareholder interest in small and medium-sized UK law firms;
• Accountants/liquidators and other professionals who specialise in UK law firms;
• Prospective investors in UK law firms